Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jelly Doughnut Muffins


On one cool blog called Taste Spotting I found this recipe there for Jelly Doughnut Muffins. A great one. It only makes 12 muffins so next time I will double the recipe as my family ate them as soon as they came out of the oven.


Jelly Donut Muffins

2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbs baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
your favorite fruit jam
sugar for sprinkling over the muffins
1 Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2 Sift the dry ingredients together.
3 Mix in the eggs, oil, butter, milk and vanilla.
4 Grease the muffin pans. Fill the muffin cups almost halfway, carefully place about 1 tsp of jam in the center, and cover with a little more batter.
5 Sprinkle tops with sugar.
6 Bake for about 18 minutes.
7 Cool in pan on rack for about 5 minutes, then turn on out on rack to cool.
Yield: 9 muffins

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Do they taste like jelly donuts? I'm intrigued...

Just like Stella Used to Make said...

No the muffins tasted more like a muffin than a donut but were really good and eaten up almost at once.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Yum, those look so delicious! Thanks for sharing, I will have to give those a try. I'd never heard of them before and I bet my kids would love them :)